A young man, Emmanuel Okon Akpan of Okoyong community in Odukpani Local Government Area of Cross River State, Southsouth Nigeria, shocked residents of the area when he engaged in a faceoff with his father for allegedly snatching the old man’s wife, Agnes Akpan.
appears to have reached a point of no reconciliation as the young man
has also impregnated the woman, claiming he so much loves her.
man, who is currently in detention at the Federal Housing Police
Station, is to explain to the police what relationship he has with his
father’s wife that has culminated in pregnancy.
The man was
heard at the police station lamenting that his first son Emmanuel “has
snatched my wife that I just married not long ago.”
said he is a widower who lost his first wife some years ago, and had
been single until recently when he decided to marry Agnes in order to
have someone to assist him wash his clothes and prepare his meals.
told the Investigation Police Officers (IPO) at the Federal Housing
Police Station that he had not savoured the warmth of his newly married
wife up to a year when he suddenly suspected that his son was having
affairs with her.
“What culminated in the pregnancy started when
the boy started courting my wife with gifts, wears and money, telling
her that he was ready to take good care of her and the lady fell for
He said after his son swept the lady’s heart, she started avoiding him.
“She was always in my son’s one room apartment, even at odd times of the night.”
son, who did not deny having carnal knowledge of his father’s wife,
claimed that while his father was in the process of bringing Agnes home,
he thought the man was engaging the lady for him.
“Since she is a young lady I thought my father may be unable to satisfy her sexually,” he added.
and the son were alleged to have started calling Mr. Akpan an old man,
claiming the man was disturbing their life. This prompted the man to
report to the police.
Sources said the man went berserk
recently, after realising that his wife was pregnant for his son;
threatening to kill both of them.
Some family members who said they did not want the face-off to result in bloodshed later intervened.
press time, some of the family members were said to have started
visiting the police station, trying to intervene so that the matter will
not be charged to court, as they claimed the incident was too
embarrassing for the public to know.
Efforts to speak with the
State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Hogan Bassey, did not yield
the desired result, as the police image maker said it was not a matter
to be discussed on phone.
According to BBC, doctors have recommended that women can reduce their risk of getting breast cancer by having their breasts thoroughly and ...
I got a call last week from Mr. Olaitan Iwalewa , a London based Nigerian businessman, who complained bitterly about how the wife of a top g...
Crushes are quite a big part of our life. So what do you do once you have a crush on someone? Some girls may be satisfied with simply gazi...
We are about to make the rest of your day amazing! Allow me to serve you the most gorgeous and sexiest “meal” ever! We have, below, the Top ...
.Alleged moneybag and ibadan politician Rotimi ajanaku (who is rumoured to be eyeing the presidential elections come 2015) is at the cent...
I am going to give men a starting point for the types of women I feel are a good consideration to date. We, as men, know the goal is to h...
Cameroonian artists under the canopy of Syndicat Camerounais de musicien (SYCAMU) have aired out their grievances against the mobile net...
Few days ago, Peter of the Psquare music group hinted the possibility of starring in a new movie with legendary producer, Kunle Afolayan,...
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has raised the alarm over moves by some functionaries of Federal Government to create avoidable labour ...
Tuesday, 10 April 2012
Here are 7 types of women every man should date: 7 types of women every man should date
- 1. Submitted to God – If a woman is submitted to and passionate about living for God, she will be the same to you, assuming you’re a man submitted to God. There is something special about a woman who truly serves God.
- 2. A Selfless Woman – A selfless woman will understand the importance of working together, sharing, devotion, and commitment for the right reasons. Her motives will be to help make life a little better for you. She will understand that dying to self doesn’t mean she does not love herself.
- 3. A Simple and Low Maintenance Woman – A low maintenance woman tends to be focused on the truly important things in life. I’ve found them to be non-clingy, very rational, and supportive. She won’t care about how much money you have or don’t have. She will like you for who you are and is not looking for what you can do for her. She accepts you freely because she is comfortable in who she is. She is more about becoming a better woman than just appearing to be a good woman.
- 4. A Woman Who Can Truly Be Your Best Friend – Friendship before love is always best before a serious relationship.
- 5. Emotionally Stable – This type of woman understands God gave her emotions and instincts to give man balance. She understands emotions are never used as a decision making tool, because emotions can lead you outside of the will of God. The devil drives us off a cliff using emotions and God gently leads us with wisdom.
- 6. A Loyal and Patient Woman – She is with you through the good and the bad. She’s there if you’re rich; she’s there if you’re poor (if you have 2 cents, 2 dollars, or 2 million dollars… makes no difference). She is right there cheering you on and helping you to be great. She will not be looking for other men, because all of her attention is with you. She will uplift, support and encourage you.
- 7. A Woman with Character – This should go without saying, but I will add this (and this type should really be the first thing you consider for any woman). She must be of a woman of good character. Without character, it will be difficult to even build a strong friendship.
By Quentin McCall